Sunday, September 13, 2009

Old School (Part 7)

By: Brian Mah

(Since Jan was in the animation production industry for many years. An inquiry was made if she knew any of the people around the anime and manga industries.)
---------------------------------------------------
When you were in Japan, did you get a chance to meet any of the great masters, such as Hayao Miyazaki, Osamu Tezuka, Kenichi Sonda, Rumiko Takahashi?
---------------------------------------------------

Jan Scot-Fraizer: I met Miyazaki once in a park in 1988 briefly. We lost Tezuka before I was involved in the industry. I had the chance to meet Takahashi at San Diego ComicCon once but she looked so stressed out and overwhelmed that I didn't want to add to it. I'm friends with Kenichi Sonoda and we've known each other since 1990. I worked for Noboru Ishiguro for years and he was my business partner. I got to know Mamoru Oshii, who was my greatest directorial inspiration, when I worked at IG, which was great for me. I was fortunate enough to meet a lot of people in the industry there.

No comments:

Post a Comment