Sunday, September 13, 2009

Old School (Part 4)

By: Brian Mah

---------------------------------------------------
What book got you interested in manga?
---------------------------------------------------

Patrick Macias: Rather than a manga, it was Frederik L. Schodt's Book Manga! Manga! The World of Japanese Comics.

Rikki Simons: I don't remember the circumstances, but I believe it was Nagano Mamoru's Five Star Stories.

Tavisha Wolfgarth-Simons: It was actually my Kimba obsession that lead me at age 7-9 to make up my own illustrated stories to give Kimba and his jungle friends further adventures. It wasn't until I started reading the shoujo manga classics Rose of Versailles by Riyoko Ikeda and Candy Candy in 1978-1980 that I started to seriously pay attention to costumes, panels and pacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment