Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Smithsonian celebrates the work of Osamu Tezuka (Part 7)

By: Brian Mah

------------------
The next question was asked to Mr. Frederik Schodt about receiving an award from the Japanese government for his work on Japanese popular culture.
------------------

==============
How has the "Order of the Rising Sun" award changed your life?
==============

Frederik Schodt: Well, I flew in a Lear Jet. Seriously, it hasn't changed my life. It was a huge honor to receive the award. I didn't feel worthy of accepting it. My fear was that I was getting old. The award is usually given to older people. I think there are 60 different ranks. Tezuka was given a higher rank. If I came to Japan and told people I got the award, they wouldn't believe that I got the honor. Again it was a huge honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment